Ettiquette - In-Game Forum Actions
When writing on the in-game forums there are some core etiquette rules to keep in mind to keep things flowing easily, and limiting knowledge of other players as to what your character may or may not be up to, or know. These rules apply to all Fantasy Alive recognized online communities.
- Remember to include a Time Stamp (TS) at the beginning of the post. This lets everyone in the game world know exactly the date and time when this Role Play is taking place and can affect whether or not certain characters are available to be interacted with.
- State where the Role Play is taking place. This helps give a setting as to where the events are taking place which can affect the atmosphere, and possibly the characters, who would be around to participate.
- Inner thoughts of your character should remain inner. If you wish to express those thoughts do so through descriptive writing, or verbal character dialogue.
- When speaking always use quotation marks “ ” around what you are saying. This helps to differentiate between your character speaking and describing your character’s actions.
- No combat. The in-game forums are for Role Play use only. If you want to cast a spell or do some other normal activity that your character could do during the Role Play session then feel free. Don’t do anything on the boards you wouldn’t Role-Play at a game yourself.
- If you want to join in on the Role Play thread, but are uncertain as to what the character looks like, you can ask for a description in a Reply statement using ( ) brackets around what you are stating out of game, for clarification. It helps to add in OOG: at the beginning of what you are going to write for clarity.
- Meta-gaming. All players have access to the in-game forums. This allows everyone to read the public posts, and join in with their character if they so choose. However, if you do not participate in the thread of that conversation you are not there in-game for it, and therefore do not know anything that transpires. Be mindful of what your character does and does not know versus what you have read.
- Any Plot Member or Owner may comment on a post with the phrase “ZEBRA.” This means that the online conversation must immediately cease. The Plot Member or Owner will provide a reason for stopping the conversation and will most likely require that the participants play out the remainder of the conversation in person at a game. Arrangements for this continuation will be made between the Plot team and all participants. Should a suitable time for the conversation to occur at an event not be possible, then the conversation will simply end at the Zebra. Please note that any comments published after a Plot Member or Owner has stated “Zebra” will be deleted.
- A player currently involved in an online conversation on any of Fantasy Alive’s recognized communities may contact any Plot member or Owner to request a Zebra be called on a conversation. When doing so, the player must give a reason for the request such as: “My character is offended and wants to hit the other person with his weapon.” or “The conversation is becoming offensive or troubling to me as a player.” If the Plot member or Owner agree the reason is sufficient, then the Plot member or Owner will post to cease the conversation. Plot Members who are unsure if a reason is sufficient will bring the issue to the Head of Plot and Owners for confirmation.
| TS: July 16th 2017 1:00pm
Steve Fakeman wanders in to the Green Pony tavern. He looks around the room, patting his belly before heading to the counter. His eyes widen in excitement as he sees Phillip.
“I’d like a plate of dinner, please! Loads of meat. Love me some ham,” he says jovially.
After receiving his meal he sits at a table, and speaks to no one in particular.
“Hey! Does anyone here know how to use a dagger? I mean well, not just for ham cutting. More like ham string cutting! HAHAHAHA Pure gold. Seriously, though, can anyone teach me? I have coin.”
| Ashley Shambloke, sitting across the tavern, listens to Steve speaking. She grabs her pint of ale and walks over to him.
“Hi, I’m Ashley!” she states with enthusiasm as she plops down beside Steve. “And I believe I’m the teacher you’re looking for. Let’s talk price...”
|(OOG: What do Steve and Ashley look like? Race?)|
|(OOG: Steve is a human with short, brown hair, wearing beige pants and a lime green shirt. He carries a dagger on his hip and a yellow sash around his waist.)|
|Back to Out of Game Information|